How to Apply
Application deadline for a summer 2012 start was December 1, 2011. If you applied the selection committee will review your application and get back to you no later than February 1, 2012.
- Completed application form
- Statement of interest in the program describing your goals for the fellowship and career, your specific interest in safety net settings, experience in safety net settings (if applicable). Please also describe the fit of your research area with that of specific CHAMMP faculty and what you hope to gain by their mentorship.
- Maximum 2 pages single-spaced or 4 pages double-spaced.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Sample of scholarly writing (e.g., published manuscript, thesis).
- Three letters of recommendation, sent directly to PsychT32@uw.edu.
To apply please send all application materials in an email to:
Kate Comtois, PhD, MPH
Frequently Asked Questions
For detailed information about eligibility, stipends, tuition, fees, health insurance, and other trainee costs associated with the T32 Training Program funded by the National Institutes of Health, please see NRSA (T32).
Payback Obligation Trainees in the NRSA program are subject to a payback obligation (see Payback Agreement form) during their first 12 months of NRSA funding. Beyond the initial 12 months, additional months of training may be applied toward the payback obligation. Thus, for the postdoctoral trainee receiving two years of NRSA funding, the second year will discharge the commitment incurred in the first year. A signed payback agreement is required on or before July 1 of the first year of participation. If a fellow leaves the fellowship before the end of the 2nd year, the payback obligation will be enforced by NIH. Please contact the Program Coordinator at (206) 744-9346 or PsychT32@uw.edu if you have any questions about the payback obligation.
Loan Deferments and Repayment Program Deferment
Health Professional Loans (HPL) may be deferred throughout advanced professional training. To arrange for deferment, contact your lending institution(s) for the appropriate deferment form(s). The Program Coordinator can assist you with getting proper verification of fellowship/student status.
NIH Loan Repayment Program
The NIH sponsors a loan repayment program for those involved in clinical research. Applications are usually accepted in September/October for the following July. If you need assistance with completing the application for this program, please contact the Program Coordinator at (206) 744-9346 or PsychT32@uw.edu